Taken from www.singforyoursupperblog.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup candy cane flour**
1 stick plus 2 tablespoons (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
crushed peppermints, for garnish (about 1/2 cup)
6 ounces (3 squares) white chocolate chips or almond bark
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
2. Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and candy cane flour together.
3. Mix together the butter, sugar, egg, yolk, and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture.
4. Drop the dough onto the baking sheets by rounded spoonfuls. Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, rotating the sheets at the midpoint.
5. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and creamy. Drizzle over the cooled cookies, then sprinkle with the crushed peppermints.
Makes about 40 cookies.